Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Monkey Leash...




Every day when we go to pick up Elijah Phoebe attempts to run away to the playground area. So everyday I have to chase after her with Beatrix in the sling and I end up dragging her kicking and screaming back to Elijah's classroom to wait for him to be let out.

It's horribly embarrassing. I'm sure all the other parents are whispering about what an awful mother I am. They stare at us during these fits like their eyes are about ready to bug out of their heads.

In an attempt to bypass these awful scenes I broke down and bought Phoebe a monkey leash/ backpack...... and she hates it. We tried it everyday for a week and the scenes got progressively worse. She throws herself against the cement and rolls around pulling on the tail in an attempt to free herself.

Weeping.... wailing.... screaming.... and several bruises later the monkey leash has been demoted to Matthew's play leash so that he can play doggy with Elijah and I've resorted to tying her into the stroller with a tricky backwards clasp and a wee bit of duct tape.

No comments: