Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Car Pukefest



Matthew woke up one morning feeling queasy. He threw up in the bathroom but insisted that he needed to go to school and that he wasn't really sick.

We needed to get Elijah to school anyways so I told him that if he was really feeling better he could go to school.

Halfway on the drive to school Matthew started spewing everywhere. I chucked the baby's little pink fleece cap at him and he clutched it to chest to use as a makeshift bowl. Unfortunately fleece doesn't hold puke very well. It was more like a puke sieve than a bowl. Big strings of slime were leaking out of the bottom of the hat while it simply strained out all the biggest chunks.

We dropped Elijah off in front of the school and rushed home as fast as possible. Poor little guy was as sick as a dog for the rest of the day. As it turns out he ended up with the stomach flu and a mighty sinus infection at the same time. An awful one-two punch of the sickie germs.

The best news that I can embrace after this whole thing was over is that after two days of cleaning I finally got the puke smell out of my car.

Sadly the fleece baby hat didn't make it. A heartbreaking casualty of the stomach flu.


No comments: