Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Four Kids and a Cemetery




Mom and I took the kids to Grandpa Ed's grave.

Matthew has a bit of a morbid fascination with knowing everything possible about dead relatives/grandparents. Mom hadn't been to his grave to see Grandpa's gravestone since he was buried so we decided to stop by and put some flowers on his grave.

Apparently I should have given the kids a step by step tutorial of what not to do in a cemetery before we ever even attempted to visit Grandpa's grave. They were mortifying and I had to lecture them on things I would never have even thought to say.

1. Do not roll down cemetery hills over the flat gravestones.

2. Do not climb the tall gravestones.

3. Do not jump off of gravestones or use them as stepping stones.

4. Do not pick flowers off of people's graves.

5. Do not pick up stuffed animals off of graves.


If you can get your kids to adhere to the above five rules you'll be in much better shape than me.


No comments: