Yes. Yes. I lost Phoebe. In a hospital.
How could you lose a child some people might ask???
Apparently very easily when that child is Phoebe and races ahead of you into an elevator yelling- "I win!!!" and the elevator closes before you even get a chance to get to it.
It was horrifying. I had no clue where she could possibly be. I dragged Beatrix, Elijah and Matthew down the emergency stairs while we tried to beat the elevator down to each flight. Instead of finding her, all we ended up with was a dead end and an old man who claimed to have spotted her riding the elevator.
I grabbed security and we started eliminating floor by floor searching for her.
Finally, the receptionist in the surgery department came running out of her office to announce they had a little lost girl in the surgery area. Phoebe was screaming and crying for me and trying to bolt again. They had three nurses trying to hold her down because she was fighting to be free and run off.
It was without a doubt the longest fifteen minutes of my life. My heart didn't even stop racing until a good hour after we finally had her back safe and sound.
I'm praying that this taught her a lesson about not running off..... but knowing my little Smelly Cat, it's probably only wishful thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment