I was pulled over by a police officer today.... I had one of those- " Oh Crap!" sort of moments. I really hadn't been paying very close attention. I was totally off in la la land.
I guess I just kind of rolled through a stop sign... I wasn't even really conscious of it but when he told me that was why he pulled me over I figured it was probably the wisest thing to trust his judgment on it... ;)
So I mustered together as much sweetness and naive innocence possible.... It worked. Just like it has always worked... I was let off with a warning to be more careful and I gratefully thanked the officer. As I was driving home I was suddenly struck with the realization that my years of pulling off the young clueless girl act is numbered.
I managed to finagle it this time with Matty in tow, but what about when I have two or three kids ???? Police Officers are not going to be as inclined towards leniency when I'm a thirty year old lady with three kids in tow!! It was a very sobering thought that thorougly destroyed every bit of smugness I had been enjoying.... Alas!!!!! Yet another reminder that I'm getting older and time is quickly slipping away...
1 comment:
Ahhh we are old woman! Whenever I think about myself I think of me like 17-19 years old....But really I am an old hag with two kids! We were at the library the other day and this 10 year old girl came up to me and asked me for help and it dawned on me that she came to me cause I was a MOM and I looked safe....Not the bad ass I think I look....SAD JUST SAD!
Post a Comment