Things have been just pure craziness!!! I've been up to my neck in school work. I've barely had time for anything besides writing papers and reading. Kevin has been such a hero! It's soo amazing. He has kept the night shift, ( Even though he hates it!) just so that he can watch Matty for me while I'm in school. He's been fantastic.
Matty has just blown into the terrible two's and has suddenly become very opinionated about EVERYTHING! He doesn't want that shirt or that cup or those shoes....There are some days when I want to just tear out my hair in frusteration. For the most part though, he is still his sweet little self.... just with a bit more "grrrrr".
My car broke down yesterday and that was a major ARGH!! sort of moment. It broke down on Highway 1 on my way to class. Thankfully Matty wasn't with me. I ended up leaving my car and walking home.... and it was not an easy walk. It was pretty much all up hill and I kept getting random pieces of glass gouging at my feet through my flip flops. Nonetheless I'm still feeling positive....Although I'm not sure why.... We're not going to be able to fix the car. The transmission blew and the transmission place said it will take at least 3000 to fix it. Kevin and I had already discussed the maximum amount of money that we can really afford to spend on fixing it and it definately wasn't 3000.
The one silver lining is that Kevin did buy a car a couple weeks ago so we're not suddenly carless.... the problem is that it's a stick and I can't drive a stick! So this weekend I'm going to try to dedicate myself to learning how to drive a stick..... Hopefully I'll catch on pretty fast- otherwise I'm pretty screwed. I need to be back in classes by Tuesday, so I have a very limited amount of driving practice time. AHHHH!!! I'm crossing my fingers and praying really loudly!
No comments:
Post a Comment