Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Craziness!!!!

I was making a quick pit stop at the grocery store this morning to pick up a few odds and ends and I happened to run into Mollie Broussard. Mollie is the greatest and I always love to see her. She asked me about my due dates and what not. I told her that the Dr. is hoping that the baby will come early because he's afraid that the baby is going to be too big if we wait too long. ( Every time I go into the Dr, he seems to get more wary of the baby's size.) If the baby is over nine lbs. then there will be too much pressure on my scar tissue from Matty's c-section and my chances of rupturing my uterus jumps way up.

I couldn't have taken more than 4 steps away from Mollie when a strange woman pounced on me. She said that she couldn't help but overhear my conversation and basically wanted to try to warn me against a VBAC. Apparently, about a year ago, this woman had attempted a VBAC and ended up rupturing her uterus which resulted in a hysterectomy. She was devastated by the whole experience. She practically started sobbing as she was talking to me. Honestly, she kind of freaked me out. I tried to dismiss her as nicely as possible by saying that I had done my research. I told her that although it is always informative to hear stories from each side that I have made my decision and I plan to stick by it. As I'm walking away she's practically begging me to reconsider. It was complete craziness!!!!!

No comments: