Sunday, January 13, 2008

Matty's First Day of Official Potty Training!!!!!!


We decided to just jump on into the whole potty training thing head first today. I've been hoping that Matty would naturally progress into wanting to pee-pee on the potty chair to be more like a big boy but at some point I knew I was going to have to start pushing the issue.

Honestly, Matty is the type of kid that always needs a big push to make big changes. He never gives in very willingly. I always start off with grand ideas about how he will naturally self wean, or ask to sleep by himself or magically start asking to go pee-pee like Daddy but it never works that way with him! He's just not the type of kid that does well with that sort of approach.... and I think I've finally accepted that fact. :)

Kevin took him to pick out his big boy underpants yesterday. He got all sorts- Diego, Spiderman, Pirates of the Caribean and just for good measure some boxer briefs just like Daddy. He was so excited to put on his Diego undies today and I've been working with him all day. He only had two accidents today and I am thrilled to pieces with how well he's doing. About a half hour ago he actually walked into the bathroom, stripped down his undies and peed on the potty chair all by himself!!!! Then he went about his normal business of playing. Despite the fact he forgot to put his undies back on afterwards- I must say that I am one proud Mommy!

He's just grown so quickly... where did all the time go??!!!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

it was nice seeing you today...you need to change your intro and add stinky cat in there!