
It's almost been five years since Kevin and I were married. It's been eight years since we started dating and nine years since we became friends. The time flies by so quickly. Now here we are with two little kids and more in love than ever. Sometimes, I really have to sit back and marvel at how incredibly blessed I am to have him in my life. I can't even imagine what it would like to not have him.
Kevin's been struggling with a couple personal issues that have really affected me and I've really had to try to step back to absorb the lessons that God is trying to teach us as both a couple and as individuals.
I think most wives would agree with me when I say that we truly feel along with our husbands. When Kevin is upset then I'm upset.... when he is happy I am happy. His triumph's are my triumphs, his sorrow and loss is mine as well. I can't help but feel for him in everything that he does. Sometimes it's hard to sit on the sidelines when your hubby is going through something he really needs to go through alone. It's been a big challenge for me to let him muddle through things on his own because I just feel for him sooo much.
There really is a reality to the Scriptural phrase "one flesh" because when your life and soul is so intertwined with another human being you are bound to feel what eachother feel. I never knew how accurate the Biblical scriptures were when they talked about cleaving to eachother to create one. It's amazing how together and like minded we can be.
I always thought it was kind of cheesy when people said things like "they're my other half" or "soulmate" but really, God designed marriage very specifically to fit those descriptions perfectly. The longer we are married the more I'm able to comprehend the full beauty and meaning of a Christ centered marriage. Even through mistakes or issues I'm learning to rely on God and not on my own understanding. I'm learning so much more about compromise and selflessness now that I'm opening my heart to what God is trying to do in my life.
No matter what may come I know that I am loved, needed, and adored. At the end of the day, when I tuck my babies in their beds and I crawl under the covers next to my Kevin- I am truly, truly blessed.
Kevin's been struggling with a couple personal issues that have really affected me and I've really had to try to step back to absorb the lessons that God is trying to teach us as both a couple and as individuals.
I think most wives would agree with me when I say that we truly feel along with our husbands. When Kevin is upset then I'm upset.... when he is happy I am happy. His triumph's are my triumphs, his sorrow and loss is mine as well. I can't help but feel for him in everything that he does. Sometimes it's hard to sit on the sidelines when your hubby is going through something he really needs to go through alone. It's been a big challenge for me to let him muddle through things on his own because I just feel for him sooo much.
There really is a reality to the Scriptural phrase "one flesh" because when your life and soul is so intertwined with another human being you are bound to feel what eachother feel. I never knew how accurate the Biblical scriptures were when they talked about cleaving to eachother to create one. It's amazing how together and like minded we can be.
I always thought it was kind of cheesy when people said things like "they're my other half" or "soulmate" but really, God designed marriage very specifically to fit those descriptions perfectly. The longer we are married the more I'm able to comprehend the full beauty and meaning of a Christ centered marriage. Even through mistakes or issues I'm learning to rely on God and not on my own understanding. I'm learning so much more about compromise and selflessness now that I'm opening my heart to what God is trying to do in my life.
No matter what may come I know that I am loved, needed, and adored. At the end of the day, when I tuck my babies in their beds and I crawl under the covers next to my Kevin- I am truly, truly blessed.
1 comment:
As cheesy as this is....I never got that line in that Tom Cruise movie "you complete me" before Bay...But I get it now!!! I was half a person until I met him. He is everything I am not and ditto for him. He has made me a better person...Taught me so much.
Jeremiah 51:20-23 reminds me of how much I love Bay. With him I can do anything cause he is with me! I really wanted a husband that was everything he is and I cried out to God for him and as Bay may not be a "Christian" he does has a deep love for God (but with so much hurt in his childhood has anger too)
Thinking, loving, MISSING, and praying for you guys!
Post a Comment