
Easter was pure craziness, but we had a lot of fun. On Saturday we had and Easter Egg hunt for Elijah, Matty, Kathryn, and Leland at our house. It was supposed to be super low key. We were making Easter cut out cookies with sprinkles as a little project for the kids and then we were having a simple Easter Egg hunt. Somehow the tiny little get together just got bigger and bigger. I had counted Mom, Tami and Bethie in as our adults. I hadn't really factored in Margot, Mark, Desi and Billy. It was certainly a packed house. We bbqed some hot dogs and hamburgers along with some chips and dip to feed everyone. It was still a ton of fun, but I ended up feeling exhausted before we even reached Easter at all!!
For Easter Day, we all got dressed up in our Sunday best and went to church. Phoebe was gorgeous in her dress. Matty was handsome in his suit. Even Kevin wore a button down shirt. We were all looking pretty dang spiffy. ;0)
After church we went straight to my Mom's house for a light lunch. It was really low key but nice. We actually had a wedding to go to later in the day so we basically stopped off at our house to freshen up and change Matty into play clothes and we went back to church for a wedding. I actually thought the wedding was sweet. I'm actually really happy we were able to be there for them on their wedding day, so all the running around and tiredness of Easter Day ended up being well worth it.
All in all it was a very successful Easter. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment