Monday, April 06, 2009

Spring Break Children from Hell....

Yesterday was one hell of a day. The boys literally made mess after mess and I just about fricking lost my mind.

First, Matty climbed up his dresser to get into his games that are stashed high up in his closet. He and Elijah dumped all the contents of every game Matty owns on the floor. Then they leaped into the pile of game stuff "dog pile style" and pretended to swim in it.

Then Elijah decides it would be brilliant to empty Matty's dresser by pulling out ALL the clothes and throwing them at Matty. It looked like a freaking bomb went off in his room.

tree-bomb.jpg kaboom image by punkrockprincess5855

I took everyone out into the back yard to play while I was doing some gardening and trying to whip the backyard back into springtime shape. Unfortunately the boys decided to "help weed" and uprooted a giant chunk of my only currently blooming flowers. RIP my dear Calla Lillies.....

Calla_Lillies.jpg Calla Lillies image by gzbrown

I got all grubby from all the weeding so I hopped in the shower to clean off. I come out of the shower ten minutes later to find the boys had stripped down naked, are standing on the kitchen counter taking bites out of every apple we have and throwing cupie oranges at Phoebe yelling "Bomb's Away!!!"

Apple_with_a_bite_taken_out_of_it.png Sin image by TriZetBlu

They ripped all the blankets and sheets off of Matty's bed because they were pretending to be puppies and puppies like to dig things like that all up. Of course!!!!

I'm doing the dishes in the kitchen and I hear the neighbors giant rotweiller dog going nuts barking next door so I stick my head out into the backyard to see the boys have each taken a sheet, climbed up onto the playhouse roof and are pretending to be ghosts and scare the neighbors dog. A dog that could crush them with little effort I might add. "OOoooooohhhhhh....OOOooohhhhhhhh..... We're ghosts and we're going to get you doggy.....OOOooohhhhhh...."

Ghosts.jpg ghosts image by camarocat19

Elijah managed to spill chocolate milk on the couch. I had to wash two of the cushions and a pillow.

Matty snuck off with playdough and managed to smoosh it into his bedroom rug.

While putting Phoebe down for her nap, the boys went wild with the hose in the backyard and absolutely soaked eachother to the bone and made mudpuddles out of the garden area I had been working so hard on.

email.jpg Mud Puddles image by cadamas

I announced a clean up time and Matty and Elijah thought it would be a brilliant idea to simply throw all the toys from the front room into Matty's room on the floor and then us out of Matty's room so I couldn't see the mess and make them clean up anymore. It took me almost ten minutes to pick the lock and get back into that stupid room.

717814.png Pick The Walls Lock image by Trivial_Stitches

We went to soccer practice and Matty spent pretty much the entire time rolling around on the grass, whining about being too tired to run and trying to catching ladybugs.

bugs1.jpg bugs ladybugs image by bucielo

I'm lucky I didn't end up needing to be hauled off to a padded cell yesterday.... but this is only the beginning. I have an entire week of this to look forward to. Today it is raining- joy oh joy.

God give me the strength to last through this week and refrain from drugging them with Benadryl to make the sleep. Amen.

FAM_BENADRYL_ULTRATAB_25mg_6-8035.jpg Benadryl image by Castle_Romeo

No comments: