Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My little shadow


Phoebe has become my biggest fan. Literally applauding when I pick up toys, run the vaccuum or mop. "Yay!! Ood Cweaning Mawm. Ood ob" which pretty accurately translates to - "Yay! Good job cleaning Mom. Good job."

When I sit down at night with a book she grabs one of her little books and sits smooshed as close as humanly possible against me while she pretends to read. Occasionally she looks over my arm and points out numbers or letters she recognizes.

She follows me out to the garage to watch me do laundry.

She is two steps behind me in the kitchen always. Opening the cupboards I open, grabbing extra utensils and using a kiddie chair to climb up into the fridge to grab things she wants.

I leaned against the counter while making up my weekly grocery list and Phoebe grabbed herself a marker, a step stool and a coloring book and was soon propped up right next to me. "Ook Mawm. I make a wist oo."

The past three months Phoebe has woken up at exactly 1 am every night. She cries, comes into our room and literally crawls right on top of me and falls asleep. Most nights I feel like she's a toddler sized boa constrictor squeezing the life out of me.

Honest to goodness it's adorable. Just makes my heart melt. How in the world could I object to the fact that she's just loving her Mommy? Truth be told I'm soaking in all the love... even the middle of the night boa constrictor love.

No comments: