I'm Matthew's Room Mom and I've been knocking myself out this past week prepping for the Halloween class party.
In what I originally thought was a stroke of brilliance I decided I was going to make his class little pumpkin cupcakes.
I used honey wheat pretzel twists for the pumpkin stems. And I made the eyes from softened tootsie rolls and softened yellow starburst. I heated them up and rolled them out between waxed paper and then cut them into shapes. But they needed to be warm when cutting or it would be too hard so I could only cut a few shapes out at a time.
About half way through I realized I was insane for undertaking such a big cupcake project for a group of 5 year olds. I was rolling out tootsie rolls and starbursts for two straight hours. All for a bunch of five year olds who will only care about licking all the icing off.
Next time I'm going to just throw on some sprinkles or make some cookies and call it a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment