My little Matty Bug turned 6.
His birthday party was all kinds of insane. I think I may have just screwed myself because I don't think I'm ever going to be able to top this party.
As a party favor, all the kids got homemade lightsabers. I made eighteen lightsabers out of foam pool noodles, and an extraordinary amount of duct tape. I know it probably sounds on the ghetto side but they actually looked pretty awesome and all the kids went apeshite over them.
It was like a Star Wars wonderland.
Paper mache planets to match up with several of Matthew's favorite planets from Star Wars. Mustafar, Endor, Tatooine, Coruscant, Kasssyk , Dagobah, Bespin, Hoth, several of their moons and of course the Death Star.
I had art cut outs all over the walls of different characters from all the episodes of Star Wars. I selfishly centered primarily on the characters I like the best but I made sure to include Matty's beloved droids, TIE fighters, X-wings, wookies and ewoks galore.
We had sixteen little kids running wild. They battled to the death with their foam lightsabers. We played games. They jumped to their hearts content in the jumper and ate as much jello jigglers, strawberries and pizza their little tummies could hold.
It was Matthew's version of heaven straight down to the Darth Vader pinata.
He's already talking about next year's birthday party...... Heaven help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment