I've been really feeling kind of pressed and distressed at the prospect of Christmas this year. Last year was a big stretch on the money front and I really didn't want to face the New Year with bills overdue because of all of the gift giving madness!
I've been feeling pretty stressed by it all and Kevin and I had already agreed to just kind of gloss over Christmas presents for eachother as long as all of presents for family/friends were taken care of and Matty's needs were met. I was feeling so down in the dumps about always having to focus on the more practical things that we need rather than things that we may want....
I was getting very discouraged. But, I decided to try to count my blessings ... and then I prayed and gave it all up to God. My frustrations and our finances..... Then today when we came home from church there was a letter addressed to me that had somehow been overlooked. It was a refund check from my school because I had apparently overpaid for this semester!!!! It was such a random blessing!!!!!!
I am so amazed. I prayed and my prayer was answered. This check could have come a month from now... or it could even have been overlooked as a computer glitch or something. God is so good! I gave it up to God and He gave me my very own little Christmas miracle! That may sound cheesy.... but I am just so grateful that God has provided for us. Christmas is going to be entirely taken care of and we're going to be able to enter the new year with a little bit of money put away in the bank!!!! Praise God!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment