I was leaving for school today when suddenly a cat was struck right outside of our house. Three people were clustered around the cat and he was clearly unconscious.... or dead.
They weren't exactly in my way to get out of driveway... but I didn't want to seem callous by just hopping in my car and revving up the engine as I drove away. Instead I just got into my car to wait for some sort of resolution or for the owner show up and make a decision about what was their next step.
One well intentioned woman was instructing her husband to block all traffic on the street. Suddenly she realized that it wasn't going to work. We had all sorts of trucks and cars lining up to get past the cat. So she decides she is going to try to move the cat because she obviously can't just leave him there to be run over by another car.
As soon as she touches him, he leaps to life. He starts to spit and hiss. He obviously had something broken and was in pain because he was moving in a very jerky/ erratic way. The poor cat was scared and completely disoriented. He starts to jump and spin in circles trying to attack all the people near him. He's leaping and twisting.... basically he's completely out of his mind.
Suddenly he turns and charges my car. He leaps towards my unrolled window but stops short by about four inches and slams into my driver door. He proceeds to go crazy under my car. I can hear him banging and hissing and he altogether freaks me out. Suddenly he goes calm... But he's still under my car so I can't move!
Meanwhile, Kevin hears all this commotion and comes out to see what has happened. He sees my car still there and all these people hoovering around my car. Kevin yells down in an accusing tone," What did you do Megan?" I yell out that it wasn't me but I only rolled down my window about an inch because I was still terrified that the cat was going to turn Kujo on me and come leaping through my window!!
The lady who was trying to orchestrate for the rescue and transportation of this cat moved in to try to soothe him and he went crazy again. He started charging people left and right with his mouth gaping wide... It was like a scene from a horror movie where the dead zombie cat comes to life and is intent on infecting as many people as possible to turn them into zombie's too!!! Boy was I glad that I had barracaded myself in the car!
Eventually the cat ran off under someone's stairs and I took it as my chance to get away!!!! Poor little Kujo hell cat! I hope he turned out okay.... although if I ever do see him again I'm planning on running the other way!!
1 comment:
I am exhausted and grumpy but I am glad I came by and had a good laugh! Oh I can just picture this cat out to get you...His final Vendetta! LMAO!!!
Post a Comment