Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving!!!!!

Without a doubt, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday... Autumn is my favorite time of year!!! The crispness in the air!!! The changing of the leaves!! Someday I will live on my own property where I will plant cherry blossom trees to bloom in spring and maple trees to change in the fall. There will be trees everywhere!!! I'll make my own little enchanted forest!!!!!!

I love getting together with my cousins and my family. I love the way that drama just naturally unfolds around us! That probably sounds awful... I don't like to think of myself as a drama queen but when it's not happening to me it always manages to give me a good chuckle. Is that awful? A little giggle at the expense of others every once in awhile???

I remember one year when Aimee declared that Margot was going to end up pregnant and on drugs..... All because Margot didn't want Aimee to go with her on a little walk.... That alone made me laugh for almost a full week!!!

It's really quite sad to think about the impending demise of our cousiny Thanksgivings... Our parents are getting older and soon the torch of hosting will be passed down to us. It is inevitable that we all go our own separate ways. We're all moving away, having children, getting married and pursuing different careers.....If it wasn't for our parents I don't know if we would have Thanksgiving all together anyways. This might very well be one of the last Thanksgivings together.

It's hard enough to think of Thanksgiving without Dad..... Now having to face the probability of our cousin Thanksgivings to be at an end. Wow... Things really change. We all grow up... We face our own mortality through the deaths of our parents and loved ones.... Eventually it will be us on the other end. We'll be the ones passing on the torch to our children and we'll be the ones to die. I've never really thought about what a lifetime really is... And now all I can do is think about how a lifetime is really just a blink of an eye.... In the blink of an eye this will all be gone and I'll be going home.

No comments: