Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The SDAIE Lesson Planning from Hell....

The past two weeks have been especailly crazy because I've been preparing a SDAIE Lesson plan with a group for my How to teach ESL class. Today we finally presented the lesson and I was able to breathe a sigh of relief.

I actually really like the people who were in my group but they needed to hash and rehash everything over and over. They were immensely frusterating. They just have a very different learning style from me. They need to write things down over and over... They need to discuss a subject to death.

All I need, is to write it down once and it's absorbed into my mind. Then we divide up work and go our separate ways to meet a wee bit early the day of our presentation. My way of doing things would be completely unacceptable for these people. They had to rething everything. Every smallest little detail had to be debated and worried about.... It nearly killed me.

We ended up meeting three times and each time we spent around two hours going over details for the presentation. It made me want to bash my head against a wall or drive a nail through my foot just so that I wouldn't be expected to sit through the maddening round about discussions..... Then of course I might have been labeled as insane or at the very least unstable...... hmmmm..... Insane assylums or sitting through mind numbing meetings based on stupidity...... It's a bit of a toss up......

Hallelujah it's over!!!!!!!!!! What was the funniest part was that the people in my group who worried so much and wrote out little scripts and everything ended up being somewhat flustered and didn't do nearly as well as I expected.... I'm not trying to toot my own horn .... oh well- Toot toot!!!! I was damn good.

I led the class activity and people peppered me with all sorts of questions about dominant and recessive genes and I never faltered. I actually got the class laughing and I surprisingly truly knew what I was talking about. Who would have thunk it!!!!!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Since you don't want to toot your own horn I will steal it from you and toot away! Be PROUD you are super genuis!