I've just gotten back from the country trip from hell!!!! It was just never ending stress! Mom brought Elijah along... and although I love and adore Elijah, it always makes things harder. Most of the caring for Elijah responsibilities fell to me and although I didn't really mind it, it wound up being a more exhausting trip than I originally thought it would be.
The car ride home was what really killed me... I spent most of the morning trying to close up the country house while Matty was crying at my heels because he wanted to be cuddled. Elijah wasn't much better. I was ready to go crazy before we got into the car.... but then because it was raining and snowing we weren't able to stop over at rest stops as frequently to let the boys run around. The one time we did stop, I ended up having to change Matty's pants and socks because they got soaking wet from puddles.
It was very nice to see Grandpa. I always love to see him. His smile is honestly worth a thousand words. That alone was worth all the stress.
The snow was very exciting for the boys. It started to snow yesterday and I took the boys out to walk around the property and down to the tire swings. Matty kept running and trying to twirl in the snow while throwing up his hands and yelling "YAY!!!" It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen!!!! And luckily I happened to have my video camera handy. ;)
The trip had highs and lows but I'm just very thankful to be home. Back to my own bed and my own shower...... I can hog the tv remote if I want to.... I can let Matty run wild and free in the morning without being afraid that he'll wake someone up..... It's nice to be back!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment