
I am officially 12 wks pregnant!!!! I had my first Doctor's appointment and everything is going great!!!! I heard our baby's little heartbeat and saw him on the sonogram. We obviously don't actually know if it is a boy or a girl yet but I can't seem to help but refer to the baby as a he. Kevin keeps teasing me that it must be a boy if I inexplicably always call the baby by he or him.
It was just so amazing to see our baby so little and perfectly formed. I can see his arms and his little legs all squiched up... I can see his little feet. If I look really carefully I can see where his eyes are and his little bitty mouth. It's amazing. It's things like this that really glorify the awesomeness of God. Nothing is as beautiful and miraculous as a baby growing in it's mother's womb.
Seeing my baby for the first time was just yet one more affirmation of God's grace and wisdom. There is already a plan laid in place for my newest little one.... I can't help but wonder what he'll be like. Will he be stubborn? Will he love to giggle and be silly? Will he be ticklish under his knees like Matty? This little baby has already brought so much joy to my heart.... and he's not even born yet!
As of tomorrow, it will have been a full year since my Dad died. In fact last year he had died on a Saturday and so for some reason it really feels like this anniversary should be today not tomorrow.....Maybe that is why I couldn't sleep last night....Anyways- What I'm really getting at is that it is a year later and I am just as certain of God's divine plan now as I was then. It doesn't mean that I don't feel sad or think about my Dad. I probably always will, but at the same time I feel peace within myself because I understand the whole picture. The grace and mercy of the Lord is astounding.
1 comment:
Doesn't having children just confirm that there really is a God and he is WONDERFUL! Did I tell you that WE and when I say WE I mean us all as a family have been going to church! It has been wonderful..I forgot how much I missed it and needed it! And Bay he has been going and he is VERY (or was) anti church!!!!
Prayers are powerful!!!
Post a Comment