Monday, August 20, 2007
Car Shopping
Kevin and I are looking into buying a mini van.... I was really not thrilled with the prospect of driving around in a mini van because it seemed so not me for some reason, but now that we've actually looked around I have fallen in love the with the Toyota Sienna. I'm thrilled with it. I can't wait to actually buy it. We were going to buy one over the weekend. We had actually set almost everything up but when we showed up to pick up the car the dealership tried to pull some sort of scam about color. They claimed we never specified the color ( but we had- in fact I had been more than accomodating. I gave Kevin four color choices that I would be fine with. The dealer just had to give us one of those four colors.) After we pulled out paperwork with the specified color then he changed his tune saying that the guy who had been working with us had "mistakenly" agreed. They gave us a choice between this disgusting gold color, or a pea green soup color or paying an extra 2000 dollars for our first choice. Obviously the whole situation was insane and so we walked away. Now we have to start all over again at a different place. It kind of stinks but Kevin's the one who does all of the negotiating so it's not like I have to put effort into the process. It mainly just stinks for Kevin, but I have the feeling he secretly enjoys haggling over the price and extra details . ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ohh those are sooo nice to drive! The seats are so comfortable! The family that I used to nanny for bought one and I loved it! Good choice!
Post a Comment