Thursday, November 08, 2007

Waiting for Baby.....

I had another appointment with the Dr. today and nothing seems to really be happening. He said that I've thinned out more than half way which is great but I'm not dilated at all. He could feel the baby's head when he was checking me so things are definately lining up the way they should.

He gave me the choice of opting for a c-section now but I told him that I'm still much more comfortable waiting for at least another week... Even if I don't end up going into labor by then, I'll be much happier with the resulting c-section if I gave my body a better window of opportunity to have the baby on my own. I know the risks of waiting too long to deliver and they are risks I'm willing to take.

He did a lot of extra poking around in an effort to kick start labor. Supposedly if it worked then I should be starting the labor process in two to three days. If it doesn't work then I'll be meeting with him again next Thursday to schedule my c-section probably for the following day.

I'm suddenly feeling really good about the prospect of going into labor over the weekend. I'm already starting to have more contractions since the appointment and I'm really encouraged that my cervix has thinned as much as it has. I think all I really needed was that little bit of encouragement. I'm feeling completely renewed in my resolve to wait as long as possible to let the baby come by itself. It starts to get quite tempting to just go ahead with a c-section because it just gets so wearisome to wait. It takes a lot of gumption to hang in there when you have such an easy out.

Hopefully, everything will run it's course as naturally as possible and no matter what, I'll be holding my new baby within days!!!!!!

No comments: