My Mom has this loser friend who used to work with her. He was dismissed for reasons pertaining to his personal life but in all honesty he's just a loser who probably got what was coming to him.
Anyways, he's always asking my Mom for help and my Mom is just way too sweet and can't say no. She's done everything from help pay his rent to driving him to his counselor because apparently he has anxiety issues when it come to driving. So he asked my Mom to pick his mom up at the airport. My Mom selflessly agreed.
My Mom has to circle the arrival area four times before she eventually parks and goes in search of the guys mom. The mom is a real dingbat so she's clutching her suitcase in some departures area but my Mom eventually finds her. The lady's suitcase that is so big that it is on the verge of absurd.
They head down the escalator and the stupid dingbat loses the grip on her bag. It goes crashing into my Mom who ends up falling 2/3 down the escalator. Mom is so banged up it's truly painful to even see. She's black and blue from head to toe. She has giant bloody gashes from the escalator teeth all over her body. I'm talking her elbows, knees, shins, back, stomach... you name it.
Thankfully she's ok. Things like this terrify me. She could have broken her neck or something!! I know it's not her fault but I'm having to fight this urge to scold her for not being more careful. I just don't know what I'd do without her.
1 comment:
Oy me oh my! I am so glad that she is ok! Poor thing!!!!
Post a Comment