So last week Shannon was supposed to take Elijah to school in the morning straight from my Mom's house and obviously I was supposed to pick him up at 2pm because it was one of his normal scheduled days.
I show up to the school and there is no Elijah. I freak the hell out. I ask the teacher where he is and she says she doesn't know. No one called in sick for him and he simply never showed up.
My mind starts racing. I start thinking of all the scenario's. I call my Mom's cell and can't get through. I try to get through to Shannon but my phone dies. I drive to my Mom's house and bang on the door but no one answers.
I panic while painting a dreadful picture of Shannon being lazy and dropping him off in front of the school instead of properly walking him to his classroom while some sick pervert lays in wait to nab a cute little kinder kid.
I start crying because my little Elijah doodle is missing. I go home to try to finish making phone calls to try to track him down.
Then the phone rings and it's my Mom. She's remorseful and embarrassed because she forgot to call me this morning to tell me he has a cold and she left him with a sitter instead of sending him to school. She was going to call me earlier in the morning but was concerned it would wake up the other kids so she was planning to call me a little later in the day but then she flat out forgot.
After rightfully freaking out on her for not telling me right away about his cold and staying home from school, I confirmed with the school office that the teacher was wrong and that my Mom had called in sick for him.
Oi. The whole thing was awful. I'm thrilled that Elijah is safe and sound but we need to come up with a better method of communication because at this rate I'm going to lose my mind with worry over this kind of crap.
No comments:
Post a Comment