Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dressing for the Day

I'm carefully choosing my outfit today.

We have a big BBQ/party to go to for one of Kevin's best friends and I really want to look cute. I need to be able to stand there next to all the guys cutesey little girlfriends in their non child friendly heels, expensive clothes and designer bags without looking like a frumpy little housewife in comparison.

So I lay out my options today on the bed finally choosing a casual sundress that accentuates my preggo belly. Next I start rifling through my undie drawer to figure out what bra will go best under the dress. Something that can contain my preggo boobs with minimum amounts of cleavage but manage to stay hidden under the sundress straps.

As I hem and haw to myself, Matty comes walking up behind me and points to a see through brown bra with little butterflies all over it. ( Totally not practical for today) He gets super excited and tells me that the butterfly one is the prettiest and I will be the prettiest Mommy ever if I wear the butterfly undershirt today.
awkward.gif awkward image by B3smileys

I tell him to go run and play and let Mommy get dressed alone. I come out of my room fully dressed and Matty asks me if I'm wearing the butterfly undershirt.

I tell him that no I'm not and let's not talk about Mommy's undershirts anymore. He clucks his tongue like a little old lady and says-"You would have been the prettiest Mommy ever..... It's too bad you didn't listen to me. "

All I can assume is that he's fancying himself the kiddie version of Tim Gunn in the world of undies and bras. Let's hope his critique on my under clothes is simply a fluke and doesn't turn into a regular thing.

1 comment:

Bek said...

awesome. We could totally use a little Tim Gunn around here ;)