Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Fun...



This year we spent Thanksgiving with Kevin's Mom. So there was no replay of last years "Sanity or Bust Thanksgiving Extravaganza 2008".

I actually had Kevin almost convinced it was my Mom's turn to have us again because I thought it would be easier on me to do Thanksgiving with my side of the family with the new baby. He mulled it over for awhile trying to remember and a couple hours later he was struck by remembering the "Nothing but the Blood" incident and last years Thanksgiving came rushing back at him with renewed horror. I played innocent - " Oh. That's right. Last year we were at my Mom's when Desi was super crazy and inappropriate. Remember when she told us we were all demon possessed??? Good times..... good times....."

So off to the in-laws we went. Phoebe was a hellion half the time. Cute little ragamuffin the other half. She spent the entire night swinging between crying fits and hilarious giggles. Matty was thrilled to be at Grandma Sue's house. He played with toys and his Uncle Brendan and had tons of fun. When it came to dinner time he refused to eat any of the food and Grandma Sue miraculously produced a pack of salami that Matty joyfully devoured.

All in all, a pretty dang good Thanksgiving. Really, I feel so incredibly blessed it's unbelievable.









No comments: