We had a freakish heat streak so I declared a beach day. It was the first day I've taken all four kids and the dog by myself to the beach. I was actually a bit nervous. I couldn't help but envision a massive revolt awaiting me. But it actually went surprisingly well. No one managed to drown so I have to declare it a success!
Matty and Elijah had a blast. Abbey the dog was delighted by all the sand and water. She is an awesome swimmer. Beatrix apparently hates the water and the sand but she was content enough as long as I held her. The crowning jewel of the day was that Phoebe listened...... well most of the time.
At one point I told her we were taking a break from the water so we could break out our picnic. But Phoebe kept inching towards the water. She'd pause every couple baby steps to look over her shoulder and shoot me a thumbs up. When I'd call for her to come back she'd call back- " I fine Mom-Mom. I A- ok. Thumbs up Mom-Mom."
I ended up just giving in and resumed wave jumping for the rest of the afternoon. There is no way I could hold out against the cute but stubbornness of my little Phoebe hell bent on enjoying the beach to the fullest.
No comments:
Post a Comment