Beatrix's dedication was beautiful. It really couldn't have been any better.
When we prayed over her at church I wanted to cry out of pure love, joy and faith that God does indeed have great things in store for my little Birdie.
When Kevin prayed over Beatrix I was just in awe of what a strong man of God Kevin has become over the last several years. Hearing the strength and conviction in his voice as he prayed for the Lord to shine his face upon Beatrix and guard her heart from all evil was amazing. When I stood there with my little Birdie in my arms and looked out into the congregation that was filled with our family and friends, I was flooded with the realization that I am blessed. Blessed beyond belief. Beyond what I could have ever imagined. God has given me everything that I didn't even know I wanted- everything I didn't even know I needed.
After church all of our families and several of our close friends joined us at our house for a lunch of massive proportions. We had ordered several trays of Italian food from one of our favorite local Italian joints and had epic amounts of salads, fruit and bread to top it all off. It was awesomely delicious. We ended up practically living off of leftover for the next three days. I started to reek of garlic from the marinara sauce but it was insanely delicious so it was totally worth the pungent garlic breath.
All in all it was a beautiful day that I can only hope that I will remember forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment