Sunday, August 08, 2010

Introducing our Newest Addition!!




Last Sunday we headed out for a family afternoon of parks and fun. Somehow we ended up at the local SPCA "just to look".

We walked in and the very first dog I saw was Abbey. Her eyes were so sad and she looked so very out of place. The way her little puppy dog face lit up when she saw us was practically begging us to take her home.

Next thing you know we're in an adoption room to see how she responds to the kids. Kevin and Matthew are looking at her with full on throbbing hearts in their eyes and I realized there was no way we were leaving without her.

I was nervous about bringing her home considering the whole Ivy fiasco, but Abbey has been AMAZING. I'm seriously never getting a puppy again. Abbey is potty trained, fetches, comes when she's called, sits, heels, can go all night without needing to pee etc. She is so well behaved and so very sweet. Her first day here she never stopped wagging her tail.

We have dubbed her Abbey Twinkletoes Blue. Kevin wanted her to be Abbey. Matthew suggested Twinkletoes and Phoebe has called the new pup, "Blue my Blue" from day one. The jury is still out as to whether Blue is a reference to Blues Clues or if Phoebe is channeling Will Ferrell ala Old School style.

We are so utterly smitten with Abbey it's on the verge of ridiculous.

No comments: