Monday, September 20, 2010

Brutal Honesty from a 5 yr old




Last week I dyed my hair. I was feeling kind of Mommied out just felt like making a less Mom like change and thought it would be fun to rock some red hair for awhile.

Matthew on the other hand was horrified.

Matty: You can't go outside looking like that!!! You're hair is hideous!!
Me: It's fine. I like it and it will mellow out in a couple weeks and won't be so bright.
Matty: It's awful. Just awful. You need to change it back right now.
Me: It will be fine. Let's just leave it for now. I can always change it back later if I want to.

Matty: I don't know... it's pretty awful. People might laugh....


Every morning since then he inspects my hair to try and determine if it's faded at all and to ask me if I'm ready to change it back to brown.

Sigh. What a way to try to suck the fun out of my momentary hair spontaneity....... I'm thinking of keeping it red for awhile. I'm really digging it and it will be a wee bit hilarious to bug him out. ;0)

No comments: