Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Matty Bug Starts Kindergarten!!!!


My little Matty Bug has started kindergarten!!!! Acks!!! I am the parent of a child in kindergarten! How the heck did that happen?!

I am so stinking proud of my little Matthew.

He has taken to school like a little champ. He loves to head there in the morning and he's always bubbling over when I pick him up.

According to him, his favorite part of school is his class pet hamster Cocoa. He's actually been wanting a hamster desperately and has been begging for one all summer, so I'm personally delighted that his class has a pet hamster. This is my out. Matty can get his hamster fix every day and I never have to take care of it. Whoot- whoot!!! Yay for class pets!

Matty is also obsessed with wanting to be the star table. All the students earn points for good behavior and which ever table earns the most points every day gets to be the star table. On the second day of school he got to be the star table and he was overwhelmingly delighted. It was all he talked about for the rest of the day. Occasionally I would hear him give a great big sigh of contentment and when I'd look over at him he'd just say- " I'm just so happy Mom. It's the best day ever."

Seriously? Who knew the secret to making him happy and behave at the same time would be a giant wooden star. Go figure.

He also got to be the Standing Otter for the day on Friday. What is a standing Otter you ask? It's basically the line leader/ class helper for the day. He turns pages, gets to lead the other kids etc. Matty was in seventh heaven.

I'm just so insanely relieved that the past week or so have gone so well. I've been such a worried over protective mama bear thinking about my little guy heading off into the big world of academics that I have to admit I didn't even dare to think that it would go this smoothly.

I'm just so proud of my little Matty bug.


No comments: