Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gingerbread Day!







Gingerbread day was a huge hit.

I made massive batches of gingerbread for the day. Each child got to cut out their own little gingerbread men. Then I formed a giant gingerbread man and took all the trays down to the cafeteria to be cooked.

After recess the kids trooped down to cafeteria to scoop up their cookies and the cafeteria ladies told them that the giant gingerbread man had jumped out of the oven and run away.

The class then embarked on a man hunt for our giant gingerbread man. The teacher had scattered flour and sugar about on the playground and halls for the kids to follow his trail.

While the kids were searching for the gingerbread man I snuck down to the cafeteria to get the him and I hid him inside of the classroom for the kids to eventually find. It ended up being a really fun day. The kids were so delighted and had an awesome time trying to track down the gingerbread man. It was absolutely hilarious to watch the kids on their man hunt.

Phoebe and Beatrix even got in on the cookie decorating action at the end. Phoebe was in frosting heaven. By the time we left the school her entire face was covered in icing.

No comments: