Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stomach Flu



Last week we were all struck with the worst stomach flu of my entire life. I couldn't walk more than ten steps before wretching into a bowl or the nearest sink. It was awful.

I started puking in the afternoon. Within an hour Matthew had started throwing up all over the hallway. Three hours later Phoebe sat up in my bed and spewed all over.

There wasn't a single blanket, sheet and towel that wasn't puked on. It was up-chuck insanity.

Phoebe didn't quite understand what was going on because she's really only ever had the stomach flu once before when she was much younger. Phoebe decided that the puke bowl must be to blame for the puking. She would start to gag and hold down the vomit so Kevin or I would run over to her with the bowl and she'd start screaming- " No bowl!!! No bowl!!! "

It was so awful. I felt so horribly for my little kidlets. I'm just thankful Kevin rocked the Super Dad role and that we're all better now.

No comments: