The past couple of weeks have been pretty rough... It was heartbreaking to see Grandpa be so feeble and in pain. My heart literally ached for him. I had always adored him and admired him for his strength and moral character. His strength of character never waned through it all... I was really so proud of him.
I already miss him. I get teary when I think about his half smiles and the twinkle in his eye... the sincerity in his voice whenever he told me he loved me... the way he could spontaneously reach over and take my hand and the world seemed magically brighter.
Nonetheless, I can't help but feel happy for him. He's beyond pain and is celebrating in heaven. It's hard to grieve when I feel like I should be rejoicing for him instead. I feel so honored to have had him in my life for 24 years. I'm so blessed to have had as much time as I did. Lots of people never know their Grandparents. Matty and Baby bug #2 will never know or remember their Grandpa's. Kevin never knew his Grandfathers. I am blessed beyond words.
Sometimes I swear I hear my heart singing to me in the quite moments of the day... "It's not goodbye forever, it's goodbye for now. This is not the end- it's just the beginning!!!!"
1 comment:
I know what you mean..It breaks my heart to think that Graysen won't remember and Maddox will never know the love that my Grandma had for them and how wodnerful it was to be loved by her.
You handle things with such beauty Megan! I am always here for you if you need anything. Much love...
Post a Comment