For some reason, as I get more pregnant I seem to attract a lot of weirdos. Now I've tried to give them all the benefit of the doubt... maybe they are just trying to be extra kind because they are aware of the fact that I'm pregnant. However in reality there is a flashing red light that goes off in my mind that tells me their attention is not quite all that innocent.
Instance #1- The guy at my local Starbucks started asking me lots of questions about the pregnancy and the baby. He started giving Matty free vanilla milk every time we went in. (Which is almost every day!) Kevin got kind of creeped out that some guy was always giving Matty free milk but I just kind of breezed over it thinking that the guy was just trying to be nice. However, it didn't take him long to transition from free milk to trying to fondle my stomach.... I use the word fondle because there really is not other word for it. There was no innocent little pat-pat...It was a full on feeling up my stomach. It was truly creepy... Needless to say I switched Starbucks.
Instance #2- (Not nearly as creepy as #1) At the dollar store in Fort Jones, the cashier actually asked me if I was pregnant and then began commenting on how fabulous I looked. He commented on my hair, my eyes, my necklace, my belly, how my nose was cute etc, etc. He was still pretty innocent but it was disturbing that his first attraction seemed to be to the fact that I was pregnant.
Instance #3- I had dropped Kevin off at work in the morning and I had thought it would be nice to drop by the bakery to grab a donut for Matty because he had been such a good sport about waking up early. I'm still in my jammy pants and a sweatshirt, no make-up, my hair is a rat's nest, etc. I pull up in front of the local bakery and there is this guy standing there. He sees me and his entire face lights up. He stands there, obviously waiting for me to get out of the car. I start thinking that maybe he's a neighbor that I just don't recognize or something. He approaches me as I get out of the car. He says hello, asks about Matty, asks how my pregnancy is going. He proceeds to tell me that he likes me, thinks that we should date and that really he's interested in long-term/ marriage possibilities and considering the fact that I have kids he thinks I would be delighted by his long-term relationship goals for us. At this point I'm thinking he's crazy... all I say is- " Sorry, I'm already married... in fact it's now been four years and we're very happy together. So thank you, but no thank you." Then I breezed by him into the donut store and by the time I came out he was gone.
Technically the third guy was just crazy and wasn't necessarily attracted to my pregnancy. However, my main point is that people either see me as much more approachable when I'm pregnant... or they are weird pregnancy sickos. ( My bet is on them being weird pregnancy sickos!!!)There is something about me being pregnant that brings out all the weirdos!!!
1 comment:
It is offical you are extra sexy when pregnant!
Post a Comment