Thursday, June 07, 2007

An old fogey by the ripe age of 24....

Yesterday was my birthday and I had been a little worried that I would feel funky about it. Every once in awhile I get this feeling that I am just too old before my time. I think back and wonder why I was always in such a hurry to grow up. Then a birthday actually comes and reminds me yet once again that those days of youth are steadily slipping away.

When I contemplate my littlest cousin graduating highschool and think about where I was when I was eighteen I can't help but get a little nostalgic. At eighteen I had already been in college classes for two years.... I had already been in love with Kevin for a year and we had already made our minds up that we would get married as soon as I was a little closer to being finished with school and Kevin was more established. I had Matty a week before I turned 22 and now I'll be a mother of 2 at the ripe age of 24!!!! Life is just such a whirlwind!!!

Even though I sometimes feel like I'm an old fogey with all of my carefree days far behind me I know that if I could go back in time, I would make all of the same decisions all over again. I don't regret a single decision that has led me to this point in my life. I am more in love with Kevin than ever before... I feel so blessed to have Matty and the new baby on the way.

Thankfully, yesterday was a good day. It was the type of day where you sit back and are reminded of all the reasons why you love your life. By the end of the day you have no other choice than to thank God and feel content.

No comments: