Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ode to Morphine....

I have to admit that I can seriously see why people love morphine so much. I'm totally not shocked that people become addicts on this stuff. It's awesome. Cuts the pain, gives you a rush, makes you sleep and feel lovey fondness for everyone.



There I was- super sick. Heaving into the bucket by the bed. Writhing in pain from my stomach. Crying because it was the worst friggin pain of my life- yes including laboring for three friggin days trying to get Matty out of my lady bits.

Then my sainted nurse aka new gay bff gave me a big fat dosage of morphine. I was able to rest. The pain that was making me cry was reduced to twinges and cramps instead of the sharp knife like pains I had been struggling to endure. He came almost every hour to renew my morphine dosage. I probably would have kissed him if he had been cuter and had been straight. ;0)

Even when I was released, I sat outside of the hospital waiting for my Mom to pick me up (Kevin had gone home to relieve Bethie from watching our kids.) and I experienced what was one of the most lovely, magical waits just sitting outside on a semi warm night, staring up at the stars while letting the morphine lap away all my bodily pain.

Seriously- nothing is better for some serious pain. I went home and Kevin tucked me into bed and I fell into a beautiful slumber. The best sleep I've had in quite awhile. The person who invented morphine was a friggin genius.

No comments: