Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Elijah Doodle and the Police

A lot of people might not think this is as hilarious as we did but here it goes.... On Sunday I had to call the police on Desi, Elijah's mom. Elijah stayed at my Mom's house Saturday night for some special Grandma time and my Mom ends up calling me around ten that morning to tell me Desi was there and she was refusing to leave and was upsetting Elijah. My Mom's phone wouldn't connect to the Police department for some reason so she needed me to call the police.

http://phenomenaltruths.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/police-lights1.jpg


So I call the police and explain the situation, then I hop in my car to head around the block to swoop up Elijah. I expected to nab Elijah before the police arrived on scene but they must not have had anything better to do because two squad cars turned the corner right as I set my car in park.

I dart in to grab Elijah and he's crazy enamored with the idea of the police officers coming and doesn't want to leave. He's excited and waiting for them to knock on the door and tells me they're going to let him see their badges. I leave with him anyways despite Desi's pleas to stay and he doesn't see anything besides the police cars waiting down the street.

The police ended up politely escorting Desi back to her house and tell her not to return for the rest of the day. We had explained to Elijah they were just going to give her a ride home.

Desi called about 45 minutes later because she always calls a lot and leaves lots of messages when she's sick. I didn't hear the phone ring but the answering machine went off and Elijah was there. Elijah got all super excited and started cackling with delight at the machine- "Mommy!!!! Did you ride with the police??!!! Did you see their badges??!!! Are you in jail???!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!"


It was hilarious. I was so worried about my little Doodle being affected by all this and here he is, delighted at the prospect of Mommy getting a fun ride in the police car. ;0)

2 comments:

Becca said...

I really do feel bad for Elijah. When she is sane are you able to talk to her about how she is effecting him? Or is that basically pointless....Keeping him, her and you in my prayers. Love you LOTS!

Bek said...

Meg, I find it pretty hilarious in a weird way... Glad that Elijah was able to roll with it, though.