I've been up since 3:30 am. Phoebe crawled over from her co-sleeper into the main bed. This would have been fine if Matty hadn't of woken up crying and come into our bed too. Kevin started complaining about not having enough room and huffing and puffing which inspired me to try to move Phoebe over to her co-sleeper again.
This apparently inspired her to wake up gurgling, cooing and trying to tackle all of us. I tried to take her quietly to her room so she could play with her toys without rousing the whole house. Didn't work.
Matty wouldn't stay in the big bed with Kevin unless I was there too so he followed us. A crying annoying mess. He wanted Toy Story which is a tape... which can only be watched in my bedroom where Kevin was sleeping.
Matty's crying wakes up the dog who goes beserk to be let loose from her crate. Kevin gets pissed because all the kids are crying and Ivy's barking. So I let Ivy out in the hopes she'll just be quiet.
Ivy goes nuts running through the house. Matty is terrified and crying because the dog is running rampant and wild. She keeps trying to knock Matty and Phoebe down to the ground. I stick the dog outside and open up the garage so she can go sleep in there..... but she's barking and going nuts outside begging to be let in. All I can think of is how much our neighbors must hate us right now...... so I let her back in.
I lure Ivy to the back room with me and Phoebe. I nurse Phoebe desperately hoping she'll go to sleep. Matty starts calling to me that's he's soooooo thirsty. I give him some orange juice in his t-rex cup and he bursts into tears because he wanted soda. What the hell???? It's not like the kid gets soda that frequently. There is no reason for him to even be expecting or even hoping for soda. What a little nut.
So Matty continues to cry. He's sobbing that he might throw up... and honestly he might. He throws up at the drop of a hat- especially when he's been crying. I turn on Little Einsteins for Phoebe and rub Matty's back for approx. 10 minutes when I hear the dog crunching on something.
I get up to look and see that the dog has been very busy trying to destroy our tree. She drank 90% of the water in the tree stand, knocked off a bunch of ornaments, pulled ribbon off the tree and unplugged the lights. I go to plug back in the tree to assess the damage and see if the lights will even work anymore.
Upon plugging in the lights I recieve an insane electric shock through my hand and up my arm. I apparently was holding right onto the spot where the dog had been chewing and slobbering. My right hand and arm are still a bit numb and tingly.
All the while, Matty is still crying because he's afraid of the dog. I lock the dog up with me and Phoebe in the back room again. Matty finally calms back down. But unfortunately Spongebob ended therefore causing him to come knocking on the door and freak out when the dog tried to jump on him. Fun times.
By this time it was around 5:30 so Kevin got up and cuddled Matty in bed watching cartoons. Twenty minutes later I can hear them snoring. Damn Kevin for getting the easier kid.
So I'm trying to lull Phoebe back to sleep. She dozes off and I try to lay her down in her crib only to have her pop back up. Apparently that 15 minute doze session was just what she needed to give her a second wind. Lucky me.
Now it's 11 am and Phoebe hasn't been to bed since. I've now had four cups of coffee and I really need to get us out the door to go pick up Elijah from school. Plus I'm watching my cousin's two kids at 2pm. I can tell this is going to be a super fun day.
Viva la Coffee!!!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
I TOTALLY pictured National Lamppons Christmas!
Ahhh. This explains a lot ;)
Post a Comment