Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kevin's Trip to Doors of Faith






These past couple of weeks have been crazy. Catching everything up to speed I'm going to break it all down into several segments.

One of the coolest, fun things that happened was Kevin's trip. Kevin went with a group from our church on an introductory supply missions trip to the Doors of Faith orphange in Mexico. They brought truckloads of diapers, food, toilet paper, toothbrushes, etc. They spent time playing with the orphans and helping out where they could- Kevin even did dishes in kitchen. DISHES!!!! That's monumental!!! Kevin rocks in a lot of ways but he abhors doing dishes. I could count on one hand how many times he's done dishes in the last seven years.

I teased Kevin about smuggling me back some orphans. Truth be told I actually don't think he'd be too adverse to the idea if it wasn't illegal. ;0)

Kevin fell in love with the kids down there. He came back so excited about the trip. He can't wait to go back next April. They are planning to go again to build some houses and spend more time at the orphanage. He really wishes I would be able to go next time around but I'm really don't think I could leave Beatrix yet. She'll only be about sixteen months and I just don't think I could leave her for a full week until she was quite a bit older.

I'm really so proud of Kevin for being so on fire with a real desire to help others. I am one lucky wife.

No comments: