Friday, July 23, 2010

The Lake!!!!










The Lake is without a doubt one of my favorite places- EVER. If I ever run away from home you could bet money that the Lake is where I would go. When I was a kid I went camping there. As a teen/college student I went there every summer with friends. Once Kevin and I started dating then we started camping there and dragging Tony with us. Now we drag Tony and a passel of kids. Heck- we even had planned to go camping there for our honeymoon we love it there so much!!

I was crazy excited to have the guys come up towards the end of the week because I knew we'd be able to spend our days at the Lake from there on out. My Mom is terrified of lakes and rivers. She watched Swamp Thing when she was a little girl and is scarred her for life. We tease her about her fear of lakes all the time. Whenever we're with just her we have to stay at pools. Pools are nice.... but they just aren't the same as the Lake.

Our first outing to the Lake this year went pretty well. Matthew and Elijah loved it. They swam in the water and made sand castles to their hearts content. Beatrix hated the water and clung to me until she eventually passed out asleep. Phoebe had a ball in the water up until what will forever be known as "THE Meltdown".

First she tried to steal some poor kid's bucket even though she had a perfectly good bucket we had brought for her. Then she tried to hijack someone's floaty raft from the shore. Eventually things disintegrated into Phoebe stripping naked and trying to escape down the boating dock while I chased her down with a dress and a diaper. It ended with me wrestling her down to the sand while she screamed bloody murder.

That's about when we called it a day and took our little munchkins back to the House for a well needed nap. All in all it was a good dose of wonderful fun with a sprinkling of moments that made me want to pull my hair out in frustration.

No comments: