A nearby church does a huge Bethlehem AD thing before Christmas. Matthew is currently super into the whole Nativity story this Christmas so I thought it would be the perfect time to take all the kids to go see it.
This thing is massive. I'm talking dancing angels on rooftops, police blocking off streets, camels, King herod in his chariot, a real baby Jesus and donkeys. There were easily anywhere from 100-200 people dressed up in Biblical costumes. Men taking census, pottery makers, mothers making food, children playing games, Priests at the temple, tax collectors, roman soldiers etc.
It was insane... and brilliant. I loved it. The kids loved it. Even Kevin and Tony were pretty impressed. It was amazing.
Matthew has already declared his intention to go back every year for as long as he lives. Phoebe declared it the best day ever... although to be fair she declares every fun day/event to be the best day ever.
It was a ton of fun and I'm so glad we went. This is the sort of stuff that family memories and traditions are made of. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment