Ten minutes I hear, "Mommy.... I'm hungry."
Me: Matty- It's practically the middle of the night. You don't need food right now.
Matty: But I'm soooo hungry Mommy.
Me: No. Go back to sleep. I'll cuddle you.
Matty: *tears* I'm just so hungry..... *sobs* I need a peanut butter sandwich.... I'm. Just. So. Hungry. *dramatic gulp amongst the tears*
Me: Ok. I'll make you a sandwich and that's it.
I trudge out to the kitchen and make him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Then I come back to our room and hand him his sandwich.
Matty: What's this?
Me: Your peanut butter sandwich. Whisper please don't wake up Phoebe.
Matty: Oh- thank you. I'm going to save it for Elijah.
Me: Oh no you're not. You're going to eat that sandwich. I got up and made it for you . I woke up the puppy in her crate and now she's whining to get out all because you said you were starving. You are going to eat it and then you are going back to bed.
Matty: But I NEED to save it for Elijah. *more overly dramatic tears*
Me: You NEED to eat it or else you're going to end up with a paddled canoe.
Matty: (Eating sandwich) This is yummy.
Me: Good. Now be quiet. We're all going back to sleep.
We both doze off and wake up to Kevin's laughter. I open my eyes and see Kevin getting dressed for work and laughing to himself. "What are you doing Kevin? What's so funny?" I stupidly ask. Kevin continues to laugh and asks me why the hell there is a half eaten peanut butter sandwich on my pillow.
Upon further investigation I discover peanut butter and jelly all over my hair from one half of the sandwich.... and I find the remains of another portion of the sandwich under Matty which has been reduced to crumbs and smeared all over him and our sheets. Crap. I'm going to have to wash all of our bedding today.... not to mention scrub my hair with a vengeance.
Just another lovely mess filled day in my life....
2 comments:
I love it! :)
Maybe you had gum in your hair and he was TRYING to be helpful and use the PB to get it out? See what a nice guy he is?
Graysen wakes up EVERY morning like he is starving...And reminds me in tears that he has NEVER EVER EATEN TODAY! Um yeah it is 6 am and you have only opened 1 FRICKEN EYE!
Post a Comment