I actually had a lovely morning cooking pies with the boys and baking a ham. Desi called a billion times and left long rambling messages on our machine but we remedied that by simply not answering the phone. Kevin did simply disconnect her a few times just because he was tired of listening to her though. ;0)
We arrived to my Mom's house to Desi bouncing around, clapping her hands and squealing like a pig. Fun stuff right off the bat. She's really big on hugging when she's sick so I gave her a hug but then I had to watch her like a hawk because she gets too pushy about getting hugs from the kids. I don't want to her scare them.
So she was acting bizarre.... but manageable.... at first.
My step-grandma Susan just came back from a missions trip to Moldavia and brought two interesting lifelike wooden snakes that sway back and forth for the boys. The boys were stoked. I run back to our house for five minutes or so to grab some serving spoons only to return to two crying boys. Apparently Desi felt that the snakes were tempting her by giving her lustful thoughts so she stole them from the boys and hid them somewhere in the house.
After Kevin and I calmed the boys down then Desi came up behind Kevin and started stroking his back and pestering him for a hug. I actually have a very firm no-hug policy when it comes to Kevin and she is completely aware of it. She has made lots of comments in the past about feeling aroused and having lustful thoughts about all men- including Kevin. So because of this and some of her past behavior of attempting to rub his thighs or hugging and not letting go she is not allowed to hug him anymore. It makes him really uncomfortable and I'm not going to allow her to molest my husband because of her nutty desires.
Yes she is sick but she actually has her wits about her more than some people might think. She purposely does stuff to push other peoples buttons. Last night was the perfect example of that in almost everything she did. Some people might wonder why Kevin wouldn't just give her a small hug but the problem with Desi is that if you give her an inch she takes a mile. That's how she is when she's sick. She feels like it's a victory to get a small hug so then she keeps going in for bigger hugs then kisses then groping etc. She refuses to respect any boundaries.
Kevin had to ask her to get off of him at least four times and she still wouldn't stop grabbing him so I had to jump in and tell her in no uncertain terms to unhand my husband and that her behavior was out of hand. When she still wouldn't leave Kevin alone and I was ready to haul her off for a beeotch slapping she'd never forget, my Mom kicked her out of Thanksgiving for the first time.
Around desert time her husband called saying that she was promising to behave so we relented and allowed her to come back. Five minutes after entering through the door she came in making a big fuss about getting more hugs from my younger sister Shannon and getting a hug from Shannon's boyfriend as well.
That disturbance in itself wouldn't have been such a huge deal if we weren't listening to Susan play the guitar for the kids. Susan was playing several songs she wrote in Moldavia. Super cute songs where the kids were dancing and calling out the names of animals for her to incorporate into her songs. Then there is Desi standing in the middle of it all trying to cause a scene.
We finally get Desi to sit down next to my Aunt Tonya... then she starts calling things out about the songs and generally being disruptive. "What is holiness?" "What is peace?" "What is family?" Etc.
Susan was singing a sweet song about her little kitty Bella Donna and Desi jumps in saying the song was sexual because kitty= pussy= lady bits. Things only went downhill from there.
I veered the children towards the playroom to escape for a little bit, but could still her proclaiming the virtues and holiness of sex. She went on to announce that nothing is wrong with sex because it can be holy if you sing the hymn- "Nothing but the Blood of Jesus" while you're canoodling. Apparently you sing that song and you're good in terms of sexual sin. Who knew? All this time I wasted actually enjoying sex with my husband while instead I should have been singing away my sins during the process.
At this point my Mom pretty much reaches her breaking point and asks Desi's husband to take her away again. She accuses Billy, Desi's husband of teaching her foul sexual terms. To which he shoots back that she knew those sorts of things long before him.
As Billy is ushering Desi out the door she is dragging her heels and calling out to Kevin and my brother Dana to extol them to make sex holy and pure by singing "Nothing but the Blood". Fun times people.... Fun times.


It could have been worse.... In fact both my brother and Kevin agreed that our worst Thanksgiving was a couple years back. It's probably hard to imagine that it could be much worse..... but it's true.
The one thing that can be said for my family is we're never boring. ;0)
2 comments:
Damn I am SO SORRY missed it! Also sorry I didn't call you back, Wednesday nights I work and I didn't' get your message until after 10. Thursday wasn't a good day for me...I was a mess...I did the perfect eye liner but I ruined it TWICE with tears. I ended going to my cousin's. And it was nice.
Got to go I am going to shout to the lord and go to bed! ;)
Hi-larious! That's simply insane and priceless...
Post a Comment