Sunday, March 27, 2011

Birdie the Shoe Hijacker

Beatrix is obsessed with shoes. She hijacks any and all shoes she can get ahold of. She'll pull out pairs from the shoe cubby and shuffle around the house in anything she can manage to find.

Right now she is obsessed with Phoebe's rainboots. She totes them everywhere and insists on trying to walk in them even though she can barely lift her feet in them.

One day, Kevin was looking for his shoes and asked me if I knew where his tennis shoes were. I told him I had no idea. Beatrix perked right up and took off running down the hallway. Low and behold she returned with Kevin's tennis shoes clutched to her chest.

A few days later my flip flops went missing. I looked everywhere I could think of and I couldn't find them. Apparently Beatrix had taken them and put them in the dirty laundry basket. Kevin found them and returned them safely to me.

She seriously has a shoe obsession. I can't count how many times she has hijacked someone else's shoes.

Now we know that if any shoes go missing, we need to pat Birdie down and ask them where she hid them before we look anywhere else. She hijacks them whenever she can and hides them in places only she would think to look.

No comments: