In honor of St Patricks Day, all of the Kindergarten kids had a Snake Race. It was seriously just about the cutest thing ever. Matthew really wanted me to come watch him race. I was worried my back wouldn't hold up well enough but I decided this was important enough to push myself a bit and I'm so happy I did.
There were ten different heats of the race. All the kids laid on their tummies by their cones and had to attempt to slither on their bellies while guiding their snakes made out of old donated ties towards the finish line. All the kids were chanting- "Go snakes! Go snakes! Go snakes!!" Everyone was cheered for whether they came in first or last. It was awesome.
During recess time a "Leprechaun" broke into their classroom. He wreaked all sorts of havoc in the classroom. He threw clovers and gold coins all over the floor. He turned things upside down and poured green paint in the toilet. Last but not least, he left cupcakes for every student.
Matthew was a cross between excited about the Leprechaun and outraged that he would make so much mischief. In between the giggles and the little twinkle in his eye as he was describing it to me he very seriously stopped and informed me that something must be done about this Leprechaun and he must pay for his actions. I'm pretty sure I overheard him mumbling something about a Leprechaun trap for naughty Leprechauns as he walked away.
No comments:
Post a Comment