I arrived to pick up Phoebe from preschool about ten minutes early and sat down to observe story time.
The teacher was reading a story about a little dog who followed his owner to kindergarten. At almost every page the teacher asks a question to one or more of the kids.
At some point the teacher says to this little boy Lyon- " What would you say to the puppy Lyon??"
Phoebe raises her hand practically jumping up and down. The teacher says- " Yes Phoebe???"
Phoebe jumps up and yells- "Roar!!! A lion says Roar!!!"
The teacher and I were both had to choke back the giggles. Even littly Lyon started cracking up. Lyon's mom had just arrived however and she started giving me the stink eye as I was trying to suppress the giggles.
The lady needs to get a sense of humor. She named her kid Lyon, not me. I doubt Phoebe will be the last person in the world to call attention to the fact that she named her son after a lion.
No comments:
Post a Comment