Monday, October 23, 2006

The hunt for Matty's costume.....

Kevin has abandoned the idea of Dr. Evil and Mini Me for Halloween.... I had told him that I was too busy to work on putting together the costumes for them and that if he wanted it that he would have to do it himself... He hemmed and hawed for awhile and eventually decided that he didn't have the time to put forth that much effort on a costume. I had offered to try to piece together a matching costume for Matty if he could just come up with his own , but he's just way too busy....

With that said.... I spent two hours today trying to track down a costume for Matty. That sounds ridiculous even to my own ears!!!!!! We had seen a cowboy outfit at a Spirit store last week that would be perfect for Matty but since Kevin was still hesitating we didn't buy it. Today Kevin told me that I better go get Matty's costume before they were all picked over... I had the ingenious idea to try Babies R Us.... but there was nothing in Matty's size! Then I tried Target and they had really stupid costumes in his size- Scooby Doo, a Chicken, The Backyardigans, a princess costume..... So I fell back to the Spirit store as my last resort.... I hate Spirit stores! They are so ridiculously expensive!!!! Even that was picked over but I found what I wanted. Nonetheless, I was feeling pretty desperate.....

I am making a firm resolution to start making and collecting costumes for little boys and girls to make my own costume trunk. When I was little my mom had an entire costume trunk filled with costumes for little girls. Whenever we needed a costume we would open up the trunk and find flappers outfits, prairie girl outfits, royal cloaks, ball gowns and all sorts of Little Women type of ensembles. Now we have all these little boys in the family and there is nothing for them in the trunk! ( Unless they don't mind being sock hop girls....... ;) So I'm going to work on my sewing skills so that I can make costumes for my boys!!!!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I am starting that too! I have been sewing all this week and I am trying to do so for at least 30 mins a day! We spent 60 bucks on costumes this year!!!!! LAME LAME LAME