Saturday, October 21, 2006

My genius little talker.....

Matty is such a little genius!!!!! Now of course I am his Mommy so I am naturally biased ...... but I still think that he is an absolute genius!!!!!! He talks so well- it is amazing!!!

Yesterday we were at Home Depot picking up some wood and brackets for shelving purposes and he rode along inthe cart calling out to people, "Beep, Beep! Watch out!!!!" He has learned to say so much....from pretzel and balloon to full sentences like, "I do it.", "Where did it go?" and "It's over there!" I don't even try to keep track of all the words he can say anymore. I used to write them down on a list for his baby book along with the date that he aquired the new words, but I can't even keep up anymore!

I guess I'm the most surprised that he can put so many words together to make sentences....I don't remember Victoria, Veronica, Elijah or Aidan putting words together this well. Although Deirdre was probably on par with Matty in regards to verbal development....( but I thought she was a genius too!) In a way it makes me sad because he's becoming such a little boy and growing up much too quickly..... In other ways I am a bit excited because I'm hoping that he'll grow up to love reading, writing and in general have a love of words. ( Just like me!) Here's to hoping!!!!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

He really has a wonderful vocabulary for someone his age! I am always amazed when he talks and you can understand him! He is such a sweet lil guy!!!