Sunday, October 15, 2006

Understanding...

Church was fantastic today!! I keep getting roped into doing nursery and the preschool class because Matty doesn't like to be without me but today Desi took over and Matty was happy to just play with the other kids. I was able to sit through an entire service! It's been months since I was able to do that. Being in service was exactly the refreshment that I needed.

The pastor spoke about understanding.... Trying to work towards seeing things with God's understanding. How understanding others and seeing through others eyes can help us to be nonjudgemental.... How we need to work towards understanding others before trying to make ourselves understood... How understanding others is one of the first steps in understanding the Lord... When we are able to see with the understanding of the Lord we can see more clearly our own roadblocks that block our growth and our relationship with God.

It was just very inspiring to me. It really encouraged me to work on growing closer to the Lord. To work on becoming more empathetic to others and to keep pushing towards my goal of gaining Godly knowledge and understanding......

No comments: